Did you know?
The oldest wooden building in Illinois is the Cahokia Courthouse, not far from East St. Louis. The floors adorning the venerable building date back to 1976. As styles change and trends come and go – wood flooring stands the test of time. A natural and renewable resource radiates warmth character and the irreplaceable feeling of home. Fortunately, with AFC you have the option to beautify your dwelling.
From simple repairs to laying a new floor, AFC Services covers the bases:
Exceptional flooring design – a virtually endless pallet of colors textures and patterns.
Seasoned craftsmen – not just a contractor – a Bona Certified Craftsmen.
Dustless-Sanding capability – we refinish your floors with minimal environmental impact and disruption in your home
Expert consultation & design – expand your vision through our experience.
Floor restoration & conservation – find out what your floors are worth, then preserve them.
Wood is earths gift. A natural resource under foot since the beginning of civilization. From the lasting dependability of solid oaks, vivid character of fruit tree lumber to modern flooring product – wood is not only a wise investment – it natural. To start AFC offers choices so your space can be sincerely yours, floor to ceiling. Our skilled craftsmen are seasoned in the trade and as solid as the products they install.
Classic oak, mahogany, exotic cherry and many more choices. Harness the lasting beauty and character of the finest lumber for decades to come.
Engineered Hardwood Floors
A modern flooring system installs seamlessly and looks great in any space. An economical option for the budget conscious consumer, yielding lasting results of a hardwood floor.
Flooring for high traffic areas of the home or business. A great option for lower budgets and maximum effect & durability.
Vinyl is versatile in its appearance with many patterns and textures that mimic the look of wood. Vinyl is appreciated for its economy & durability.
Bona Certified Craftsman® are hand-picked, top level professionals, trained and certified by Bona, who are dedicated to the Bona System™ of products, tools, and machines on your hardwood floors. These experts stand by Bona’s Five Star Advantage, a commitment that ensures you receive beautiful, durable floor finishes, a positive experience, fast installation or renovation, a clean and dustless job site, and lifetime support. Know that your floors will be nothing less than exceptional when you work with a Bona Certified Craftsman. Let your hardwood floor create your design journey – and by reviving, restoring or refreshing the color, you can change the impression of an entire room. Talk to your local Bona Certified Craftsman® about how to turn your inspiring looks into reality. Read More.
We serve Illinois and surrounding areas spanning outward from the Barrington suburb. A phone call away (847) 344-8444 connects you to a flooring specialist. Find out what’s hidden in plain sight, uncover the beauty of your floors.
AFC is you primary source of floor refinishing, new floor installation as well as ongoing maintenance with proven floor care products and systems. Find out how to get the most from your space (847) 344-8444.
Floor Care and Maintenance
The following provided information should be used as a guide in preventative maintenance for such floor types as hardwood and laminate.
- Keep grit off the floor. Use dirt-trapping, walk-off mats at all exterior doors to help prevent dirt, grit, and sand from getting inside. Throwing rugs or small sections of carpet just inside of entrances is also recommended. Dirt and grit are any flooring’s worst enemy and that includes carpets and vinyl as well as hardwoods. Keep doormats clean.
- In kitchens, use area rugs at high spill locations and at work stations -stove, sink, refrigerator. Cotton is generally the best fabric since it is easily washed. Mats with a smooth backing, i.e. rubber or vinyl may trap water beneath.
- Finishes and certain chemicals in wood oxidize are affected by ultra violet light sources causing the wood and finish to change color and develop a patina or age. To avoid uneven appearance, move area rugs occasionally and drape or shade large windows.
- Put fabric glides on the legs of your furniture; they allow furniture to be moved easily without scuffing the floor. Clean the glides regularly since grit can become embedded in them. Some furniture may require barrel type roller casters as ball type casters may cause damage. Grey, non-marking rubber casters are the best. Avoid casters made of hard materials like metals or hard plastics.
- Vacuum regularly, as often as you vacuum carpets; a brush attachment works beautifully. Sweep or use a dust mop daily or as needed, but do not use a household dust treatment as this may cause your floor to become slick, dull the finish or interfere with re-coating.
- Wipe up food and other-spills promptly with a dry cloth or paper towel. Use a slightly moistened cloth for sticky spills if necessary. Then wipe the floor dry with another cloth or paper towel.
- Keep heels on shoes in good repair, especially high heels. Heels that have their protective cap missing or worn away exposing the steel support rod will dent and floor surface, even concrete.
- In damp conditions, proper humidity levels should be maintained with an air conditioner or de-humidifier. Excessive humidity may cause wood to expand which leads to the buckling of your floor.
By observing these simple suggestions you’ll go a long way toward keeping your hardwood floors beautiful and making their care easier.
Please don’t use Murphy’s Oil cleaner under any circumstances.